Services at Smallman Construction & Electric Set up a free estimate today!
If you’re looking for excellent service and a people-friendly approach, then you’ve come to the right place. At Smallman Construction & Electric, our ultimate goal is to serve you and make your experience a pleasant one, and our team will stop at nothing to ensure that you come away more than satisfied.
|Smallman Construction & Electric specializes in the following areas of construction:
Residential Electrician in San Jose and the Bay Area
When you need a residential electrician in San Jose, California, the experienced professionals at Smallman Construction & Electric are here to help. Since 2006, we’ve been providing high-quality service for people all over the Greater San Francisco Bay area, and our reputation in the industry is solid.
Whether you need electrical service for your own home or a condo or apartment complex you own, Smallman Construction & Electric can do the job. Our residential customers have come to trust our top-quality service; much of our business comes from referrals! We offer a wide range of services to meet your needs, including:
- Solar panel installation
- Interior wiring inspections, consultation, and rewiring
- Outlet and switch fitting and retrofitting
- Amp upgrades
- Exterior lighting installation, replacement and repair
- Emergency services any time of the day or night, any day of the week
- Electrical testing
When you’re remodeling, especially if it’s an older home, there are a lot of things that you can do yourself if you want to. The wiring, however, should be left to professionals. We specialize in updating the systems for older homes so that they can safely and efficiently handle today’s technology. We’re a fully licensed, bonded, and insured company, and we guarantee your satisfaction.
Fortunately, Smallman Construction & Electric offers complete electrical repair services and will soon have your electrical systems working again. Our wide array of repair services includes:
- Outlet repair
- Switch and panel repair
- Electric cable repairs
No matter the problem, if it’s electric related Smallman Construction & Electric can fix it. So don’t get electrocuted trying to fix the problem yourself; call the certified master electricians at Smallman Construction & Electric.
We specialize in rewiring older homes to meet today’s technological requirements, and we’re also available for a full home energy saver inspection – where we recommend the best ways to cut back your energy consumption and save money on your very next electric bill!
Electrical Wiring in San Jose and the Bay Area
For electrical wiring in San Jose, people trust the experienced and skilled team at Smallman Construction & Electric. We offer top-notch service on every job, and we back up our work 100%. This type of work requires focused attention and personalized service, and that’s what you’ll get from us every time.
We often take the electricity in our homes for granted; it’s always there, and we use it on a regular basis. When something goes wrong, however, you need a reliable and knowledgeable professional to deal with the problem. At Smallman Construction & Electric, we treat your home like it’s our very own, and we bring our commitment to superior service to every job. Our services include:
- Complete wiring for new construction
- Rewiring for older homes
- Updating office buildings
- Underground electrical systems
- Outlet and switch installation and repair
- Phone, cable, computer networks and DSL wiring and rerouting
- Solar panels
Is your family growing? Do you want a new home, but you don’t want to move? The answer to your house situation dilemmas could be a brand new home addition, built to your specifications and needs. Smallman Construction & Electric is a contractor specializing in home addition construction in San Carlos and the surrounding cities in the Bay Area. You can extend a den or living room. You can add a floor. You can add a garage. You can build a beautiful trellis and surround it with a brick patio.
Whatever your home addition project idea, you can bring it to us and we’ll review with you how we can make it happen. Sometimes the answer to cramped space isn’t a whole new house, new mortgage, and the hassle of moving. Instead, you can invest in your current property by complementing your living space with an impressive home addition. And we can make it happen.
When remodeling your kitchen, the first step, and the most important, is choosing a kitchen designer you can trust. Whether you’re looking for a sleek modern look, something more traditional and elegant, or anything in between, we have the experience and advanced training to get the job done right the first time.
We are a full-service kitchen designer. When you choose us for your kitchen renovation design, you can always rest assured that:
- All our employees have been hand-selected for experience, training and courtesy.
- We will meet any special requests.
- Our designs combine elegance and style with comfortable simplicity and a respect for tradition. We believe in a comprehensive approach to architecture and are as comfortable with modern styles as with timeless classics.
- We will walk through the process with you step-by-step, from the initial meeting to discuss the property to drawings and building consultations.
That bathroom of yours is extremely outdated. It’s ugly, the tiles are cracked, the grout is breaking apart, and the enamel on the tub has been chipping off for years. Let the bathroom remodeling contractors at Smallman Construction & Electric handle the job. We’re the top performers when it comes to bathroom remodeling in San Jose.
Whether it’s a small bathroom, master bathroom, a modern bathroom, an extra large bathroom, or a fancy upscale bathroom, we’ve got the tools and the expertise to handle every aspect of the renovation. We love remodeling all kinds of bathrooms, and we also love custom bathroom remodeling. So the whole job conforms to your plans, standards, and needs.
So you want to add a room or garage to your house. But should you go with an attached or a detached garage? It’s a question that anyone thinking about adding a garage to his or her home has to consider.
Both designs have their pros and cons, so the real question you need to ask yourself is which design is going to be best for your particular situation. Things to consider are:
- The Shape of Your Lot – This one piece of the puzzle may make your decision an easy one. A long, narrow lot is a natural fit for a detached garage. On the other hand, an attached garage instead might be a better fit for a wider lot that still leaves you a yard for your kids and pets to enjoy when all the building is done.
- The Main Use of Your New Garage – Is your main goal is to avoid having to trump through rain and snow to get to your vehicle in bad weather? If so, then an attached garage with direct access to your home is the option for you.
- If you’re wanting to set up a shop for woodworking or car rebuilding, then a detached garage can offer more of a sound barrier than one attached directly to the house. If storage space is your goal, attached garages can present safety hazards, especially if you plan to store fuel, paints, stains or other materials with harmful fumes. Storing them in a detached garage means you won’t have to worry about those chemicals leaking into your home.
- The Layout of Your Home – Another thing to consider when deciding between a detached or an attached model is the style, age and condition of your current home. Attached models are relatively new in the world of homebuilding. If you’ve got an older or historical home, an attached garage is going to look forced and out of place.
- The Size of the Project – Think about how large of a building project you want. An attached garage is basically a large home addition.You’ll be adding to your structure, but your builder will be able to utilize pre-existing walls, which will possibly save you money. A detached garage is literally building a structure from scratch, including digging out and pouring a foundation, and then building your new garage from the ground up. It’s a bigger project, but you will have more leeway in designing and building the garage the way you want it.
For a free consultation on whether a detached or an attached garage is best for you, call us – the local garage building experts – today!